POLARIS4MUSIC

Scale length and intonation

S94

Scale lenght and intonation is probably one of my biggest concerns when it comes to chinese guitars… 

Because in my experience is that this is often something that gets done a bit quickly in chinese production…

Is this something that you focus on, or is this something you probably could try to focus more on? 

If the scale/intonation was perfect… I would never be concerned when buying chinese guitars again, bacause everthing else I can often fix myself

53 minutes ago, S94 said:

Scale lenght and intonation is probably one of my biggest concerns when it comes to chinese guitars… 

Because in my experience is that this is often something that gets done a bit quickly in chinese production…

Is this something that you focus on, or is this something you probably could try to focus more on? 

If the scale/intonation was perfect… I would never be concerned when buying chinese guitars again, bacause everthing else I can often fix myself

It's rare someone brought up the issue of scale length for chinese made guitars.... usually and often are issues like finishing, paint etc, which are often defects that I observed from Chinese made guitars. 

On 9/18/2023 at 11:24 PM, S94 said:

I've owned Chinese made guitars for over 33 years and never had one where the scale was off and intonation impossible. About 20 or so guitars all said and done.

Just took a tape measure to 5 P4M Chibson's and two Gibson's: one Norlin '76 and one Custom VOS '64 Trini from 2019.

The saddles were all between 24.55 and 24.80 AKA Gibson Scale, exactly.  I've done intonation on each one with a strobe tuner and they are exact.